Friday, July 1, 2011

Landscape







I don't really like landscapes, so since l was stuck on the current series l am working on l decided to do some. I tried to let my "illustration side" come through more on these paintings. I don't know that l like them or even if they are done. I am just trying to keep working and hoping that my mental wall breaks down soon.

On the triptych I used a lot of collage elements. Several ended up being painted over. I usually used a lot of dark backgrounds but while working on these l forced myself to use white.


The purple piece was once a brown painting with gold leaf. I got stuck on the painting so l decided just to paint over it.


I am excited and annoyed at the same time because I feel like I am finally getting somewhere conceptually, but aesthetically I am not really excelling.








No comments:

Post a Comment