Sunday, May 20, 2012

Remembering the loss of a loved one


I did a collage/painting for my sister-in-law who recently lost her mother. Her mother was young when she passed away, and my sister-in-law was left wondering how she would be able to help her three young children remember their grandmother. They are all under the age of four. In this painting I used 4 photographs of the children with their grandmother. I also incorporated a poem about remember a deceased loved one called "If I should go tomorrow" author unknown

"If i should go tomorrow
it would never be goodbye, for i have left my heart with you
so don't you ever cry
The love that's deep within me
shall reach you from the stars,
You'll feel it from the heavens,
and it will heal the scars."


To commission a painting please visit www.illustrationsbybrittney.com or contact me @ leightherese@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment